Spend Your Summer on the Big Stage. Do you like to sing? Have a need to dance? See yourself acting on the big stage?
Join us at the Strand-Capitol for summer camps with Weary Arts Group:
• Strand Artist Student Academy (SASA): for students ages 5 - 12, SASA introduces student artists to the entire theater world of acting, singing, dancing and stagecraft. SASA is a fun, active and creative dive into all things theater. *ALL SESSIONS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT FOR SASA AGE GROUP (5 - 12)*
• 3T: for students ages 13+. To get to Broadway, you need to have the “Triple Threat” of acting, dancing and singing. Whether your goal is national fame or to see yourself on a more local stage, 3T will help you hone your skills with some of York’s best teachers.
SASA and 3T are co-productions of The Weary Arts Group and the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center.
All camps are 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM and take place at the Strand-Capitol in downtown York. Breakfast and Lunch is included in camp tuition.
Camp Sessions 2017
• Session 1 - Fairy Tale and Fantasy: Monday, June 19 – Friday, June 30. Final performance on Friday, June 30. The ultimate game of make-believe! Students will explore classic and modern fantasy storytelling and bring mystical creatures to life on stage.
• Session 2 - Broadway and Hollywood: Monday, July 10 – Friday, July 14. Final performance on Friday, July 14. Let's roll out the red carpet! Students will take center stage and emerge as the stars of tomorrow - acting, singing and dancing to Broadway and Film classics.
• Session 3 - Rock the Stage: Monday, July 17 – Friday, July 28. Final performance on Friday, July 28. Are you ready to rock?! Students will bring down the house by combining singing, acting and dancing for the ultimate live rock and roll performance.
Ages: 5 - 12 SASA; 13+ 3T
Tuition: Each two-week camp session is $300 and the one-week session is $200. Scholarships* are available based on need. All camps receive a 10% discount for each additional registrant from within the same household.
Payment Options: Payments may be made in the form of check, cash, or credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, or AMEX) by contacting Education Assistant, Dan Crowell at (717)-825-2239 or email@example.com. If you wish to pay in installments, 1/3 of your total camp tuition is required at the time of registration and the remaining balance will be due one (1) week prior to the start of the session.
After Care: Available for an additional $5 per camp day from 3:00 – 4:00 PM.
Refund Policy: 100% for cancellations 30 or more days before session start date. 50% for cancellations 14 days or more before session start date. No refund within 14 days of session start date.
Questions: Call the Strand-Capitol Education Department at 717-846-1111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register: Click the "Register Here" button at the top of the page to register online.
A limited number of scholarships for SASA and 3T camps are available. Scholarship funding is awarded based on need, the student’s statement of interest, and date of receipt. Let us know that you are interested in applying for a scholarship by completing the Scholarship Form section of the Registration Form. Applicants will be notified after submitting all materials after May 1st whether funding has been awarded. Students can apply for a scholarship by clicking on the button below: